1.Castaways 379 Queens Head 382;
2.Elmore Club 305 Ashbrittle 333;
3.The Ponies 448 Settler Boys 402;
4.Bradninch RBL 383 Crossways 466;
5.Globetrotters 404 Calverleigh 373;
6.Roy’s Rebels 329 Bradninch C Club 332;
7.Brass Monkeys 380 Bellies 366;
High Scores – 80 – R Clements (The Ponies, four spares); 71 – Andrew Palfrey (Crossways, three spares); 67 – Mark Deane (Crosswys); Andy Crocker (Settler Boys) both three spares; 66 – Steve Whiteway (Crossways, three spares);
1.It was a close game between Castaways and Queens Head with the latter just taking the win by three pins! The home team were 30+ pins up after three legs, but Queens won the last three legs to win.
2.Elmore Club were overtaken by Ashbrittle after the second leg, the third was shared and with the away team taking two of the last three legs it was game won.
3.It was a good night for The Ponies as they took on Settler Boys and won the game comfortably. This was helped in no small way by posting a 88 second leg pulling 30 pins !
4.It was not a good night for Bradninch RBL as they went down heavily to Crossways their stable mates!!! The latter won five of the legs including a four spare 94!
5.Globetrotters made home alley count as they won five legs in their game with Calverleigh.
6.Roy’s Rebels took on league champions Bradninch C Club and did not disgrace themselves as they only lost by three pins! The first leg was shared then the home team won the next two but the away team pulled 19 pins on the fourth which took them to the line.
7.As Brass Monkeys won their game with Bellies this cements runners-up place in the league. They had a good start to the game winning the first two legs and then only won more more but had enough in hand to take the win by 14.
1.Queens Head 421 Elmore Club 421
2.Ashbrittle 359 The Ponies 341
3.Settler Boys 473 Bradninch RBL 400
4.Crossways 408 Globetrotters 402
5.Calverleigh 387 Roy’s Rebels 409
6.Bradninch C Club 466 Brass Monkeys 435
7.Castaways 363 Bellies 364
Late Result – The Ponies 406, Queens Head 457;
High Scores – 74 – Wayne Bristow (Settler Boys, three spares); 73 – B Gratton (Globetrotters, three spares); 71 – D Buckingham (Queens Head, four spares); Brain Quait (Settler Boys, three spares); 68 – G Reed (Bradninch C Club, three spares); 67 – R Acton (Bradninch C Club, three spares); 66 – L Reed (Bradninch C Club, two spares); Adrian Bussell (Brass Monkeys, four spares); 65 – Matt Clark (Roy’s Rebels, two spares);
1.Queens Head won the first leg to take a 16 pin advantage over Elmore Club who then won the next three. Queens won the last two and at the line there was nothing to separate the teams!
2.It was a good night for Ashbrittle as they won their game with The Ponies by 18 pins. The home team won all the legs except the last, but by that stage the game was theirs.
3.Settler Boys drew the second leg with Bradninch RBL but won the rest to take the game winning by 75. They also posted 91 leg and two of 80+.
4.It was a close game between Crossways and Globetrotters and though the home team won less legs that the away team, they took enough pins on the legs they won to take the game.
5.Calverleigh found Roy’s Rebels in top form as the latter won four of five legs and with the last shared won the game. They were 22 pins up after three legs and that was the winning margin.
6.The result of this week’s game between Bradninch C Club and Brass Monkeys was just what the home team wanted. They won four of the legs to take the points and are this season’s Gerry Cup – League Champions.
7.It was a game of nip and tuck between Castaways and Bellies as first one team won a leg and then the other! Bellies just won by one pin.
1.The Ponies v Queens Head – no result received.
2.Bradninch RBL 429 Ashbrittle 394;
3.Globetrotters 373 Settler Boys 405 ;
4.Roy’s Rebels 339 Crossways 331;
5.Brass Monkeys 403 Calverleigh 393
6.Bellies 379 Bradninch C Club 383;
7.Elmore Club 338 Castaways 310
High Scores – None this week.
- The Ponies v Queens Head – no result received.
- Though Bradninch RBL were eight pins down half way through their game with Ashbrittle, they got their act together and won the last three legs by enough to take the points, including pulling 33 pins on the last leg of 88!
- Globetrotters could not catch up stable mates Settler Boys who were 26 pins up after two legs, and though the home team won the next two it was never enough and the Boys won the last two.
- It was a good night at the office for Roy’s Rebels who took a narrow victory over Crossways. The home team won the first four legs by enough to keep them in front at the line.
- A slow start by Brass Monkeys meant that Calverleigh overtook them after four legs to lead by 21, but they won enough on the last two legs to take the game!
- In a game between the top two teams in the league Bellies and Bradninch C Club saw the latter just get their noses in front at the line to take the game by 4 pins.
- In a low scoring game Elmore Club had overtaken Castaways after two legs to lead by five pins, they lost the third buy won the rest to keep the points at home.
1.Queens Head 433 Bradninch RBL 406
2.Ashbrittle 381 Globetrotters 317
3.Settler Boys 454 Roy’s Rebels 413
4.Crossways 406 Brass Monkeys 365
5.Calverleigh 401 Bellies 401
6.Castaways v Bradninch C Club – game postponed
7.Elmore Club 361 The Ponies 337
High Scores – 73 – Pete Bird (Roy’s Rebels, three spares); 71 – Phil Saunders (Calverleigh, three spares); 67 – R Williams (Ashbrittle, three spares); 65 – Gary Whitehead (Bellies); Andrew Palfrey (Crossways) both two spares; Dan Coffing (Settler Boys, three spares);
1.Queens Head pulled 14 pins in the first leg in the game with Bradninch RBL and were far enough ahead after four legs to stay ahead when the away team posted an 80+ leg, but it was too little too late!!
2.Ashbrittle set a new alley record in the game with Globetrotters and though this was by only two pins it is still an alley record! The home team took a handsome win as they won all the legs.
3. Settler Boys had overtaken Roy’s Rebels after two legs to take a narrow two pin lead, but the home team then pulled 21 on the third and though the away team pulled back 11 the Boys won the last two to take the win
4. Crossways lost the first two legs in their game against Brass Monkeys but won the rest to take a good win and keep the points at home.
5. It couldn’t have been a closer game between Calverleigh and Bellies, with first then the other winning a leg, and at the end there was nothing between the teams with the points shared!
6.Castaways v Bradninch C Club – game postponed.
7. Elmore Club won four of the legs in their with The Ponies and the other two were shared. After two legs the home team had taken a 16 pin lead and added to that as the game progressed
1.Globetrotters 444 Queens Head 406;
2.Roy’s Rebels 327 Ashbrittle 348;
3.Brass Monkeys 378 Settler Boys 379 ;
4.Bellies 407 Crossways 419;
5.Bradninch C Club 467 Calverleigh 521;
6.Bradninch RBL 340 Elmore Club 396;
7.The Ponies 407 Castaways 437
High Scores – 85 – Phil Saunders (Calverleigh, four spares); 80 – N Gubb (Castaways, five spares); 79 – Steve Whiteway (Crossways, four spares); 74 – E Andress (Bradninch C Club, three spares); 73 – Sid Manning (Calverleigh, three spares); 68 – Mart Saunders (Calverleigh, two spares); 67 – Jed Tucker (Calverleigh, two spares); J Barkell (Globetrotters, three spares); 65 – D Buckingham (Queens Head, two spares);
1.Globetrotters lost the first leg to Queens Head, but won four of the rest of the legs to keep the points at home.
2.It was not a good night for Roy’s Rebels as they went down at home to Ashbrittle, though after four legs they were 1 pin ahead, Ashbrittle won the last two and the game.
3.An exciting game took place between Brass Monkeys and Settler Boys. After two legs BMs were eight pins up and still ahead after four but then The Boys had two good last legs and took the game by just one pin!
4. Bellies went down at home to Crossways who took the lead from the off winning the first five legs by which time the game was won.
5.After three legs Bradninch C Club had overtaken Calverleigh to take the lead but a six spare 111 fourth leg handed the lead to the away team who then won the game as they won four legs. .
6.Bradninch RBL could not contain Elmore Club who won four legs and though the last leg was shared by then the away team had won the game.
7.The Ponies still had advantage over Castaways after four legs, but the away team then won enough pins over the last two to take the points.
- Queens Head 423 Roy’s Rebels 417
- Ashbrittle 351 Brass Monkeys 359
- Settler Boys 405 Bellies 452
- Crossways 411 Bradninch C Club 473
- Castaways 361 Calverleigh 341
- Elmore Club 380 Globetrotters 348
- The Ponies 376 Bradninch RBL 426
High Scores – 72 – M Gillard (Bradninch C Club, four spares); D Buckingham (Queens Head, four spares); Lee Bristow (Settler Boys, two spares one of 24); 71 – Gary Whitehead (Bellies, three spares); R Acton (Bradninch C Club, four spares); 70 – R Lowman (Elmore Club, three spares); 68 – Andrew Palfrey (Crossways, three spares);
1.Queens Head after two legs were 21 pins down in their game with Roy’s Rebels, then won the next three legs to go ahead. The last leg was won by the Rebels but it was not enough to take the game.
2.Ashbrittle lost the first leg to Brass Monkeys by 31 pins and though they then got their act together the Monkeys held on to take an eight pin victory.
3.Settler Boys had overtaken Bellies after two legs by 10 pins but the away team came firing back and took the next three legs including one of 95 and won the points.
4.Crossways played top of the league team, Bradninch C Club, who showed why they are there as they only lost the third leg to take a convincing win.
5.It was a good night on the alley for Castaways as they won the game with Calverleigh. The first leg and third leg were shared with the home team then taking twenty pins more to take the points.
6.Elmore Club won the first two legs against Globetrotters to go 24 pins up and then both teams won two of the next four, with the home team taking the win.
7.The Ponies suffered a home defeat against Bradninch RBL who won four of the legs to take the game by fifty pins, and two welcome points for the latter..
1.Brass Monkeys 381 Queens Head 373
2.Bellies 390 Ashbrittle 379
3.Bradninch C Club 530 Settler Boys 470
4.Calverleigh 396 Crossways 427
5.Roy’s Rebels 339 Elmore Club 331
6.Globetrotters 387 The Ponies 437
7.Bradninch RBL 417 Castaways 363
High Scores – 79 – G Reed (Bradninch C Club, three spares); 78 – Paul Crispsin (Bradninch RBL, five spares); 76 – R Acton (Bradninch C Club, four spares); 75 – M Gillard (Bradninch C Club, three spares); 74 – J Reed (Bradninch C Club); D Tuckett (The Ponies), three spares; 69 – G Dowrick (Bradninch C Club, three spares); B Quait (Settler Boys, two spares); 68 – Eric Kingdom (Calverleigh, three spares); 67 – Mike Dolley (Crossways, two spares); 66 – G Dawes (Ashbrittle, two spares); 65 – B Clements (The Ponies, two spares);
Brass Monkeys made a good start to their game with Queens Head, winning the first two legs, the third was shared and though Queens won two of the last three legs they were unable to catch The Monkeys! Bellies maintain their winning run as they took the game from Ashbrittle. The home team won four of the legs to take the game and points. Bradninch C Club stay top of the League with as they won against Settler Boys; the game included two 100+ legs from the home team and one from the away boys. It was not a good night for Calverleigh as Crossways took the win, as the latter won four legs with another shared. Roy’s Rebels took a good win as they beat Elmore Club. After two legs the home team were six pins ahead and though after four the game was level, Rebels won the fifth by enough to take the points. Globetrotters could not contain The Ponies who won all the legs to take the game. The latter posted a four spare 92 fourth leg. Bradninch RBL had an excellent game against Castaways as they only lost one leg on their way to the win and very welcome points
- Queens Head 414 Bellies 451;
- Ashbrittle 350 Bradninch C Club 333;
- Settler Boys 456 Calverleigh 401;
- Castaways 385 Crossways 410;
- Elmore Club 333 Brass Monkeys 332;
- The Ponies 441 Roy’s Rebels 385;
- Bradninch RBL 442 Globetrotters 372;
High Scores – 71 – Brian Quait (Settler Boys, two spares one of 23); 68 – Gary Cross (Bellies, three spares);
1. Queens Head played an in-form Bellies who won five of the legs to take a good win, lead by captain Gary Cross with a three spare 68.
2. Ashbrittle took a good win over league leaders Bradninch C Club. They won the first two legs then lost the next two, but won the last and the points!
3. It was a good day at the office for Settler Boys who won five legs in their game with Calverleigh. This included a three spare 102 last leg with Brian Quait throwing a 23 spare!
4. Though Castaways were still in front after two legs in their game against Crossways the latter then posted 2 70+ legs and finished with an 81 to take the game.
5. It was a very close game with Elmore Club and Brass Monkeys the result in doubt to the end as the home team just won by one pin!
6. The Ponies took the first two legs from Roy’s Rebels, who then won the third but the home team then won the rest to take the points.
7. It was a good night for Bradninch RBL as they had a welcome win beating Globetrotters; they won the first two legs to take 21 pin lead then added to the score as the took the fourth leg and a 96 last leg!
- Bradninch C Club 508 Queens Head 472
- Calverleigh 361 Ashbrittle 385
- Crossways 459 Settler Boys 416
- Bellies 442 Elmore Club 404
- Brass Monkeys 404 The Ponies 355
- Roy’s Rebels 332 Bradninch RBL 313
- Globetrotters 423 Castaways 413
High Scores – 79 – M Deane (Crossways, five spares); A Head (Queens Head, four spares); 78 – R Acton (Bradninch C Club, four spares); 72 – P Bell (Castaways, four spares); R Srevenson (Crossways, three spares); 70 – J Reed (Bradninch C Club, three spares); 68 – L Reed (Bradninch C Club, three spares); 66 – Daniel Rice (Bellies, three spares); 65 – Richard Pike (Bellies, two spares);
- A good start by Bellies meant that they were four pins in front of Elmore Club after two legs; they then won the next two and though Elmore won the fifth they could not catch up Bellies who had to their tally on the last.
- Calverleigh hosted a fired-up Ashbrittle who after two legs had overtaken the home to go 22 pins ahead and then won the third. The next two legs were won by Calverleigh but not by enough to take the lead and with the last leg shared the points were won by Ashbrittle.
- Crossways lost the first leg by ten pins against Settler Boys, won the second by two, and won the rest of the legs to keep the points at home.
- The home team Bradninch C Club won the first four legs in their game with Queens Head, lost the fifth but won the last to take the game and keep themselves at the top of the league.
- It was a good night at the office for Brass Monkeys as by winning their game with The Ponies, they maintain their place in the table. After two legs they were only two pins ahead but then got their act together winning three of the next four.
- Bottom of the table clash between Roy’s Rebels and Bradninch RBL was won by the home team, who though they lost the first and third leg won the rest to take the points.
- It was in the end a fairly close game between Globetrotters and Castaways, as though the home team had gone in front by 31 pins after the first two legs, the away team made a good effort just failing by ten to lift the points.
- Queens Head 400 Calverleigh 428
- Ashbrittle 374 Crossways 334
- Castaways 401 Settler Boys 337
- Elmore Club 338 Bradninch C Club 344
- The Ponies 417 Bellies 434
- Bradninch RBL 437 Brass Monkeys 392
- Globetrotters 382 Roy’s Rebels 378
High Scores – 71 – B Bussell (Bradninch RBL, four spares); 69 – Daniel Rice (Bellies, three spares);
- After two legs Queens Head five pins behind Calverleigh, the third leg was shared, then the away teams won the next two with Queens winning a consolation last leg, but by then the game was lost.
- It was a good night at the office for Ashbrittle as though they lost the first leg to Crossways they won the rest and kept the points at home.
- Castaways were on form in this game against Settler Boys as though they lost the first leg won the rest to take a 64 pin win!
- Elmore Club were overtaken by Bradninch C Club after two legs and though they fought back a poor last leg saw the game won by the away team
- The Ponies found Bellies on form as they posted two legs of 80 and more, pulling 32 pins over the last two legs.
- Bradninch RBL had a welcome win as they took the points off Brass Monkeys. After two legs the home team went ahead and though they lost the third leg won the rest to take a good result.
- Globetrotters overtook Roy’s Rebels after two legs to lead by six pins, then the latter threw 85 third leg to taken the lead, but the home team fought back and won by four.